«I am no longer afraid of you [referred to my OCD]. I want you to know that I am stronger than you can imagine. It is true that you have tortured me without any reason for a long time, and I do not have any problem to disclose it. Five years ago, you were about to defeat me, but in the end, God and the doctors were able to stop it. You deprived me of my freedom since I was six years old, and no one will be able to reimburse me all the hurt you caused…Your threats are continuous, but things have changed. After fighting a lot, I can already stand up to you. I know that it will not be easy, but I will recover that which you snatched from me: my freedom».
POMPEU FABRA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW (September 2015- July 2018)
Advanced Master’s in legal sciences (LLM)
- Selected for participating in the Masters in Comparative, International and European Law (CIEL) at the University College Dublin Sutherland School of Law from September to December 2016.
- Specialisation: Comparative Constitutional Law, European Union Law, and Human Rights (above all, issues regarding rights of persons with disabilities).
- Master’s Thesis “Involuntary placement and involuntary treatment in the light of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities” (in Catalan).
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN SUTHERLAND SCHOOL OF LAW (September – December 2016)
Master’s in Comparative, International and European Law (CIEL)
- Was selected to participate in this academic programme.
- Courses: Law of the European Convention on Human Rights, Law and Governance of the EU, and Victims.
POMPEU FABRA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW (September 2008- July 2014)
Bachelor of Law
- Mention: Private and Public Law.
– INSTITUTO DE SALUD MENTAL DE LA ABOGACÍA – MENTAL HEALTH INSTITUTE OF LEGAL PROFESSIONS (August 2017- Present)
FOUNDER & PRESIDENT
- Founded a non-profit organisation whose mission is to achieve the highest possible degree of well-being (physical, mental and social) for current and future professionals in the legal sector, thus guaranteeing and strengthening the Rule of Law and Human Rights.
- Participated in the IV Congress of Catalan Lawyers.
- Participated as a speaker at this presentation: “Balance in the Profession: Emotional Well-Being in the Practice of Law”.
- Presented some amendments to the new Catalan Lawyers Regulation. Some of them, which focused on promoting training regarding emotional well-being, were incorporated.
- Participated in the XII National Conference for Lawyers in Spain.
- Participated as a speaker at this presentation “Lawyers and Well-Being”.
- Published the first Study on Spanish Lawyers’ Health and Well-Being, together with Lefebvre.
- Published the Healthy Business Charter, whose purpose is to eliminate unnecessary causes of stress in the workplace, as well as to promote better mental health and well-being of legal professionals.
- Published the article “El bienestar en los bufetes como un activo” in the Wolters Kluwer’s Report “Innovación y Tendencias. Sector Legal 2020”.
- Published several articles in different national and international legal media to raise awareness of the importance to talk about mental health and well-being in the legal profession.
- 25 July 2019: “Cuando el estigma en el sector legal provoca daños irreparables” (Cinco Días)
- 28 May 2019: “Bienestar y abogacía: ¿un negocio saludable?” (Idealex.press)
- 7 May 2019: “A por una ‘Carta de los Negocios Saludables’ en el sector legal” (Cinco Días)
- 9 April 2019: “Nos sorprenderíamos hasta qué punto los problemas de salud mental y adicciones afectan la vida de las abogadas y abogados” (Lawyerpress)
- 13 February 2019: “Ya no hay excusas para proteger el bienestar emocional del abogado” (Confilegal)
- 7 January 2019: “Aprendamos de los anglosajones: reconocer el problema y buscar soluciones” (Cinco Días)
- 25 April 2017: “La materia olvidada de la abogacía Española: la salud mental” (Idealex.press)
– TOC 2.0 ASSOCIATION (March 2016- Present)
- Provide legal advice to members of TOC 2.0 Association who suffer Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
– CAMPUS GAUDEIX DEL BÀSQUET (July 2011 – Present)
- Draft the rules of this organisation to guarantee the good functioning of the basketball training.
– CATALAN FEDERATION OF 1ST PERSON MENTAL HEALTH ORGANISATIONS (November 2017 – July 2019)
PROJECT TECHNICIAN & LEGAL ADVISOR
- Created several short guides explaining how persons with mental health problems can claim their rights before different organisations.
- Participated in the creation and development of the Rights Observatory on Mental Health of the Catalan Federation of 1st Person Mental Health Organizations (VEUS Federation).
– #NOPAYNOCOACH CASE (November 2014- August 2017)
- Defended more than 8.500 Catalan basketball coaches regarding their licences. In addition to publishing some articles in media to denounce this situation and to pressure Catalan lawmakers into amending the Law, I presented one report to some deputies of the Parliament of Catalonia explaining why some provisions of the Catalan Act 7/2015, of May 14th, amending Act 3/2008, on April 23rd, were not constitutional.
- Published several articles in media, such as Iusport (an international platform specialised in Sports Law):
- 1 February 2015: “Los entrenadores catalanes de baloncesto no pasarán por el aro”
- 24 May 2015: “Una victoria amarga para el baloncesto catalán”
- 26 October 2016: “Carta dirigida a los candidatos que quieren liderar la Federación Catalana de Baloncesto (FCB)”
- 3 March 2016: “Profesiones del deporte: de todo, menos seguridad jurídica”
- 22 August 2017: “El caso de las titulaciones federativas de baloncesto en Cataluña queda resuelto definitivamente por el TC”
- Presented two reports (one of them was presented to some lawmakers)
- 16 April, 2015: “Informe jurídico sobre el ejercicio de las profesiones del deporte en Cataluña” (Iusport)
- 30 November 2014: “Informe jurídic sobre la regulació de l’exercici de les professions de l’esport a Catalunya. Les conseqüències negatives de la professionalització de l’esport amateur i formatiu«. (Ara.cat, Catalan newspaper)
– MILBRAIT (December 2016-March 2017)
- Co-founded a non-partisan international platform which focuses on legal research (judicial interpretation, legal policy, private international law, legal marketing & communication, and legal culture), discussion on global challenges of the 21st century (economic and political governance, digital era, globalization, human rights, climate change, artificial life, and mental health), and its collaborators’ personal brand.
- EUROPEAN LAW STUDENTS’ ASSOCIATION- POMPEU FABRA UNIVERSITY – Barcelona, Spain (2016-2019): member & deputy director
- 25 May 2018: “Evolución de la situación jurídica de la mujer casada en el ámbito del Derecho privado“ (European Law Students’ Association Spain Law Review)
- 4 June 2017: “Why do I defend the resistance theory?” (European Law Students’ Association Spain Law Review)
- INTERNATIONAL OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER FOUNDATION – Boston, United States (2016-Present): advocate, speaker, and member
- Participated in the XXIV Annual OCD Conference (Presentation: “Access to Proper Treatment: An International Perspective”) in San Francisco, United States from 7 to 9 July 2017.
- IUSAPP – Barcelona, Spain (October 2013 – November 2014): member & editor
- Participated in this legal research organisation, composed of law students and professors, which focused on analysing the civil and criminal law.
- BOARD OF EDUCATION OF BARCELONA, Sants-Montjuïc District, and Anna Ravell School – Barcelona (November 2006- September 2008): elected member
- Represented students from private and officially approved secondary or high school.